What is that you say???
Yes! Big changes are happening at your local Killaloe (102.9) and Wilno (104.5) Canadian Homegrown Community Radio station:
- New energetic members are already bringing practical skills and joy to our 2020-2021 Board of Directors.
- A 2021 strategic plan is building: Amplifying COMMUNITY in CHCR.
- We have a new volunteer Program Director with great people skills and creative ideas.
- YAY! Our studio is becoming user-friendly. Some funding and lots of volunteer elbow-grease is already replacing our broadcasting systems and equipment. Those who have been in the station know that crucial parts of our retiring hardware were already “vintage” when installed back at the beginning of time (1998). A respectful green burial to follow.
- The outdated schedule, djs, program info, etc., on our website will be getting a makeover of its own, as everything new settles into place.
- BUT, never fear! Longstanding DJs like Momma T, Rae, The Alien, Bridget, and PeanutButter are still on board doin’ their things. We are so grateful for their efforts!
Already we have two new programs!
Wayne Morris offers BREATHING DEEP every Sunday from 8-10 pm.
Wayne has been active in and passionate about community radio since the early 80’s. Starting at CKMS-FM (U. of Waterloo), then moving to Toronto to start producing shows for CKLN-FM (Ryerson), the first few years he provided radio art and experimental music programs, as well as shows focused on the home tapers network (remember cassette tape?). In the 90’s, Wayne produced shows exploring criminality in high places, uncovering lies of the mainstream media and exposing malfeasance of the pharmaceutical industrial complex.
Breathing Deep offers deep conversations about important topics, deep analysis into issues, and deep-diving into waters less swum. Discussions beyond media headlines. Deep dives into the science and evidence from experts in their field. …Con (together) spire (breathe)… Con-spiring.. breathing together… searching for truth in this time of great deceit.
…and AS WELL there is “LIVE WITH CLYDE“
Get your day started off right with Clyde Singleton…
Every Sunday morning, from 10 am to Noon, Clyde offers up a live radio show, AKA a mode of transportation, to amplify your joie de vivre. Clyde gives us a perfect mix of “oh yea buddy!” and “Da-da-da-da!” blended into exceptional music, skits and other various shenanigans. Be assured: Live With Clyde hits all the right spots to get you rockin’ outta bed, outta your pjs, and into responsible adult clothes, just like your parents always wanted… But seriously folks, Clyde would never suggest becoming an adult… or that you be anyone other than yourself. And the show is come as you are, with any sort of clothes optional.
Live With Clyde will turn your day of “Blah” into a day of “Yeah!” Clyde starts out with easy listening and evolves into more upbeat music, taking you from breakfast through brunch to lunch, playing new and old favorites that will get you dancing, singing-along, and ready to make the most of your day! Sundays: 10 am to Noon.
…SO, yeah, this is also YOUR moment to help renew CHCR…
We are planning to bring some new programs on air in the New Year, including: a community radio play show… AND a call-in community link-up morning talk show to help us all through this winter with all the pandemic restrictions… AND…? And…?
Volunteers are welcome to help make current, planned AND new shows happen. OR to help out with technical or office chores at the station. OR to help us get loaded up with special events and CHCR merchandise so we can keep on rockin’. Ooops! don’t forget to renew your membership for the coming year! Every little bit of cash helps us stay on-air by paying bills like hydro, hardware add-ons, subscription services, etc.
You will want to tell your buddies, maybe even your grandkids, that you were part of CHRC’s third decade renewal. Email renew.CHCR@gmail.com to join the fun of supporting YOUR local COMMUNITY-RUN radio station!